Leverage a Fractional CMO to Scale Your Business
Scaling a business is a real challenge for most small businesses. Too many small businesses don’t invest in an effective marketing strategy and get stuck trying a series of marketing tactics… some that work and some that don’t.
And if you find some things that work, are you getting the most out of those tactics? Do they amplify each other to generate even better results?
What is a Fractional CMO?
A fractional Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) is someone who offers strategic work and direction to companies that need a strategic marketing role but who do not want the expense and uncertainty that comes with hiring a full-time Chief Marketing Officer.
A fractional CMO works part-time with an organization to set strategic marketing direction and then often works with internal and external teams to orchestrate the implementation of marketing tactics.
The mantra of a good Fractional CMO should be “Solve Bigger Problems”. The problem is, most businesses don’t have someone in place to focus on the marketing strategy and to lead and direct the efforts of the marketing team (internal, external, or a mix).
How Do You Know If You Need a Fractional CMO?
You should consider a fractional CMO if your business:
- Feels stuck with a lack of direction for growth
- Can’t afford a full-time CMO
- Doesn’t have an executive to manage marketing too
- Has no marketing strategy in place
- Has an inexperienced marketing team
- Experiences fragmented marketing efforts
- Feels like you’re selling to anyone and everyone
- Sees pricing as an issue with customers
- Attracts the wrong types of customers
- Doesn’t know who makes an ideal customer
- Doesn’t show up online as well as competitors
- Struggles to stand out from the competition
Marketing is an essential business system that is critical for the growth of the business. Effective marketing requires a marketing strategy coupled with the ability to provide direction across project management, technical disciplines, creative / design, and business acumen.
Meet Your Fractional CMO
Ken Tucker, Marketing Solutions Architect and Fractional CMO
- StoryBrand Certified Guide
- Master Duct Tape Certified Consultant
- Business Made Simple Coach
- Sales Funnel Consultant
- SEO for Growth Certified
- Certified Customer Value Optimization Specialist
- Inbound Marketing Certified (since 2010)
Mr. Tucker served as the Co-chair for the Greater St Charles County Chamber of Commerce TechComm Talks and ran the Monthly Marketing Meetup for over a year.
He created and taught one of the first college credit classes on Social Media Marketing at the St. Charles County Community College from 2011-2016.
Who We Help
Ken has considerable experience helping businesses grow in the following niches:
- Home Services/Home Remodeling
- Professional Services businesses
- Information Technology companies
Also, if you are in the St Louis, MO metro area and want someone local, Ken is based in St Charles, MO.
Ken started Changescape Web in 2005 after leading the growth of an IT Consulting firm from $100,000 per year to over $30M annually.
The combination of project management skills, technical knowledge, business consulting, and marketing strategy expertise allow Ken to excel in working with businesses as a fractional CMO that transforms business growth.